(Effective Date: May 25, 2018)
Your Privacy and the Security of Your Personal Information is Very Important to Us
- Information that we collect about you.
- Cookies and other tracking technology that we use.
- What we do with the information that we collect.
- What individual rights you have with your personal data
- With whom we share the information we collect.
- Our opt-out policy
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information Provided by You Upon Registration. When you register for an account on a Site, we may collect the following information that allows us to identify you (“Personal Information“):
- E-mail address
- Zip/Postal Code
- Home Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Credit Card number
- Billing address
- User Name
Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us with a question or comment about our products and services. We generally collect one or more of the following types of Personal Information when you contact us with a question or comment or request information from us about our products and services:
- E-mail address
- Phone Number
- Purchase Order
Information Provided When You Shop at Our Stores. When you shop at one of our stores, we may collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us before or after you make a purchase in connection with marketing activities such as signing up to our newsletter. During your purchase, we may collect the following information that allows us to process your transaction:
- E-mail address
- Phone Number
- Purchase Order
- Credit card number
Information Provided When You Apply for a Job with Us. When you apply for a job with us, we may collect your name, address, phone number, email address, previous work experience, references and other personal information about your background and experience.
Information Collected From Our Partners We may partner with our third-party resellers to receive information about you, such as name and contact information. This helps us to fulfill your service requests and/or to provide you with services that may be of interest to you.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT WE USE
- Beacons are small graphical images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our Sites and typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behavior.
- An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or device from our web server or a third-party service provider is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Local Shared Objects Local shared objects (or Flash cookies) are pieces of data that websites which use Adobe Flash may store on a user’s computer or device. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use local shared objects. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing local shared objects. In addition, you may manage Flash cookies by clicking here.
The above technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Sites, services, and products, tracking users’ movements around the Sites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
“Do Not Track” Technology: Some newer web browsers have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a “Do Not Track” header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Third-Party Advertising Services: We partner with third parties that may use technologies such as cookies (and local stored objects as described above) to gather information about your activities on the Sites and elsewhere on the Internet in order to provide you with relevant advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. This type of advertising is sometimes called interest-based advertising. No personally-identifiable information is collected or used in this process. If you wish to not have this information collected and used for interest-based advertising, you may opt-out by clicking here for partners that participate in the TRUSTe opt-out tool (or if located in the European Union click here). If you wish to opt-out from this type of advertising for companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative, please click here. If you wish to opt-out from this type of advertising for companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), you can do so here. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads. 8K Beauty and Boss Chique adheres to the DAA’s Self-Regulatory Principles.
- WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As examples of how we may use Personal Information that we collect, we use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Information Provided by You Upon Registration and Making a Purchase Online or at Our Stores. We may use this Personal Information to administer your access to a Site, verify your identity, and provide our products or services to you.
- Information Provided When You Contact Us. We may use this Personal Information to understand and respond to your question or comment.
- General Uses. We may also use your Personal Information to improve and personalize your experience with us, and, with your consent where necessary, send you information about us and keep you informed of our other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Passively Collected Information. We use passively-collected information to monitor and maintain the performance of our Sites, analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services, validate users and ensure their technological compatibility with users, and optimise our marketing efforts.
- Aggregate data. We may use your Personal Information to create aggregate data which does not include any Personal Information and which cannot be used to identify you. For example, aggregate data may include data that describes the general demographics, usage or other characteristics of a Site’s users. We reserve the right to transfer and/or sell aggregate or group data about a Site’s users for lawful purposes.
- Data Retention. Your Personal Information will be stored in the United States and will also be subject to laws applicable in that country. If you have any questions about security on our Sites, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You may request address any of your individual rights listed below by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with information necessary for us to process your request. We will respond to your requests regarding your individual rights within 30 days. We may need to verify your identity before granting access to Personal Information in our custody or control. Please see above regarding our retention policy. Any further questions can be sent to Contactus@8kbeauty.com or Contactus@bosschique.com
- Accessing your Personal Data. You may request free of charge and at any time information on the data, we have stored with regard to your person.
Correcting your Personal Data. If you have requested your personal data and have found the personal data to be inaccurate or incomplete, you may request to have the data corrected or completed by proving updated or corrected information to Contactus@8kbeauty.com or Contactus@bosschique.com.
- Erasing your Personal Data. You have the right to be forgotten. You may have your personal data entirely erased from the 8kBeauty and Bosschique database, making the data no longer available for us to use (see above) when there is no compelling purpose for us to keep your personal data.
- Moving your Personal Data. You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose and may request the information for the purposes of moving it to another service of your choice.
- Lodging a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority within your Member State if you believe there has been an infringement of the General Data Protection Regulation. The complaint may be lodged within the Member State where you live or work, or where any infringement occurred.
- WITH WHOM WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We may share Personal Information with affiliated businesses.
- Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies (“Service Providers“) to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us via a Site. These companies are authorised to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Third Parties for Marketing and Other Purposes. With your prior consent, we may share with selected third party partners for our marketing purposes.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation, (b) protect and defend our rights or property, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of any Site or the public, (d) protect against legal liability, or (e) or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, total or partial sale of assets in bankruptcy or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets, but this will be conducted in compliance with EU and UK Privacy Laws and Regulations.
- Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Sites. When you interact with content from our partners displayed on our Site, please be aware that you are providing your Personal Information to these third parties and it will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
- OUR OPT-OUT POLICY
Email Marketing. To stop receiving newsletters or marketing communications from us or to opt out of having your email address shared with third parties, please use the “unsubscribe” mechanism provided in the communication (such as the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the marketing email) or send an e-mail to Contactus@8kbeauty.com or Contactus@bosschique.com
along with the information necessary for us to process your request.
Direct Mail. To stop receiving direct mail from us, Enter email here [https://goo.gl/BtBFdr].
Service-Related Announcements. We will also send you service-related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
Links to Other Websites. The Sites may contain links to third-party owned and/or operated websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We suggest that you contact these third parties directly for information regarding their privacy, security and data collection and distribution policies prior to providing them with any information.
Security. We take commercially reasonable steps to help protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from a Site may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us or to any other party via the Internet. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms or login credentials (such as username and password) on our platform login, we encrypt the transmission of that information. If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Sites or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Sites. We may post a notice on the Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Children’s Privacy. Visitors under 13 years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information at any Site. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not submit any information to us. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such personal information. Visitors older than the age of 13, but younger than their country’s legal age of majority are permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information only with parental supervision. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
Assignment. In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personally identifiable and non-personal information collected via the Sites.
A notice shall be sent:
- to 8K Beauty at:
- 8K Beauty
- ATTN: Privacy
- Packers St Patrick’s
- Christ Church
- to you at your last-used billing address or the billing and/or shipping address in your online profile
If a dispute cannot be resolved with 8K Beauty directly, 8K Beauty will cooperate, for purposes of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and GDPR, with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the information and advice provided to it by an informal panel of DPAs in relation to such unresolved complaints (as further described in the Privacy Shield Principles). Please contact us at Contactus@8kbeauty.com or Contactus@bosschique.com to be directed to the relevant DPA contacts. With regard to personal data transferred under the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, 8K Beauty will cooperate with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner for the resolution of such unresolved complaints. As explained below, a binding arbitration option may be used to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means.
Trademark Notice. 8K Beauty, Boss Chique, and its related domains (including, but not limited to, www.8kbeauty.com and bosschique.com) are tradenames and/or trademarks of 8K Beauty, Inc. and its affiliates.
- 8K Beauty
ALSO SEE HERE: DISCLAIMER