12 Tips for Eye shadow
Your makeup is as important to your final look as the clothes you wear, in actuality, it can be more important. We’ve all spotted women who did not have a clue how to use their eye shadow. But we’ve also seen women who know how to apply it correctly and they seem well put together and beautiful. Don’t you want to be one of those girls? Of course – and we are going to give you some tips so you can do precisely that.
Great news – putting your eye shadow on properly really is not difficult at all. It really is just a matter of finding the ideal technique and look for you and your style. If it takes a couple of tries to get it right, do not worry. Check out these tips:
1. Always apply a base coat on your eyes as you would the rest of your face. Loose powder works or you could apply your foundation to the eye area. It gives a nice palette to work with.
2. Blend, blend, then blend some more. I can’t stress this enough. Try an experiment. Blend one eye and then apply another eye using only a brush. You’ll instantly know what I’m talking about and you will not ever forget to blend again.
3. If you want stunning eyes, take your eye shadow brush, dip it into water, and then into the shadow, then use. It gives you a much deeper color.
4. If you have blue eyes, wear purple, violet, taupe, gray, deep blue, and black. Funky colors include silver, turquoise, and fuchsia.
5. If you’ve got green eyes, wear purple, plum, forest green, brown, and khaki. Funky colors include gold, light green, and bright purple.
6. If you have brown eyes, wear champagne, copper, brown, apricot, khaki, and beige. Funky colors include blue, tangerine, hand hot pink.
Get a free 3 piece set of e.l.f. Matte Lip Color, Matte Magic Mist & Set, & Beautifully Bare Smooth Matte Eyeshadow when you spend +$25 at elfcosmetics.com. Limited time. While Supplies last. Shop now! Valid 10/3-10/16
7. Everyone can wear navy, powder blue, and charcoal. Fun colors include silver.
8. Apply a lighter shadow in the inner corner of the eye to reflect and make your eyes look younger.
9. If you want your eyes to appear larger, use a light color on the inner corner, and a darker shade in the center of the eye region.
10. Practice until you get the use of your eye shadow down to a science. Your makeup will look more natural and polished when you have mastered it.
11. Apply your dark shadow just to the eyelids from the lash line to the crease from the eyelid. Apply your moderate shadow from under the eyelid crease to the brow bone.
12. Highlight along the brow bone. Doing it this way will make your features stand out naturally and beautifully.
So there you have it. With these tips on how to apply your eye shadow you will look your best,
Remember that while you’re practicing all these steps, that you should take note of what works best for you. Practice on your own, or practice with a friend if you find it easier to ask the opinion of someone else.
And one more thing. If you make your face more youthful looking with wrinkle creams that provide results, then any makeup that you have will be much more effective.
So go for it and get gorgeous right away!
Video Credit Goes To
FTC: This video is not sponsored. Some links are affiliated.